British Airways has released a video highlighting the measures introduced at the airport and onboard to keep customers safe during the pandemic.
In the video, which is available to download below, Head of Global Sales Mark Muren interviews Dr Mike Harrigan, British Airways’ medical lead, on the measures in place including:
- Asking customers to check-in online, download their boarding pass and where possible self-scan their boarding passes at the departure gate
- Requiring customers to wear a facemask at all times and bringing enough to replace them every four hours for longer flights
- Social distancing markers and hand sanitiser stations placed throughout airports
- New ordering system in lounges to reduce contact
- Cabin crew wearing PPE and a new food service, which reduces the number of interactions required with customers
- Providing customers with a personal protection pack including a sealable disposal bag, hand sanitising gel and an antibacterial wipe.
- Enhanced cleaning measures and HEPA filters
They also discuss the latest research from IATA which showed that since the start of 2020 there have been just 44 cases of COVID-19 reported in which transmission is thought to have been associated with a flight (that includes confirmed, probable and potential cases). Over the same period some 1.2 billion passengers have travelled, which is just one case for every 27 million travellers.